100th Blog Post! (Friday Foto Fun #12)
Today is a huge milestone for me since it's my 100th blog post! That's so exciting! I have been blogging for about a year and a half, and it started out really slowly before I hit my stride. For everyone that's been reading since then (Hi, family!), thanks so much for joining me on this journey thus far! This week at home has been pretty great for sewing, relaxing, and cleaning! I will share photos of the new and improved sewing room(s) once I have everything put away...it kind of looks like a disaster zone right now.
I have 2 really fun things to share with you this week! The first one is the Fox and Friends quilt top is finally done! Faces and everything! I would love to spray baste this quilt and get it finished, but I refuse to spray baste inside and it's much too cold to even spray baste in the garage right now. It is so cute!! Baby Erdbrugger is going to love it!
The second share I have is this Frivols 9 quilt. I made this quilt top last year about this time, over the holidays. The quilt top has sat waiting to be quilted all year until this week when I sat down and walking foot quilted it. Don't look too closely at any of my points, it's a little bit of a disaster! Disaster as in I think I chopped off more points than ones that aren't chopped off! It's always really fun to see how much you can improve in just one year.
Do you have projects that are waiting to be finished that you've looked at and seen how much you've improved? What do you do with the finished project?
It's almost the new year so a few reminders…
- First, 2018 Monthly Color Challenge starts on January 1! It's a free sew/quilt along with a color of the month! Read all the details here. Make sure that you are subscribed to my blog, so you don't miss a single block that I'm designing!
- Second, the 365 Days of Art Challenge starts January 1, too! Come kickstart your creativity by doing an exercise each day. Do one or seven each week. Read all the details here.
- Third, the last day to post your finished I Wish You a Merry QAL quilt top to be entered in for the grand prize is January 16, 2018!
I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the winter break, I know I'll be quilting up a storm and hiding from the winter weather outside!
Your turn! What did you accomplish this week? A block? A quilt top? Link up below!
A few reminders:
- When you link up a post, please try to support the others folks in the linky party! Let's spread the motivation and support to help everyone make progress in their own time.
- Your post does not need to be something quilty you accomplished, but definitely encouraged. Sometimes life just gets in the way, but feel free to share something you are proud of this week.
- In your blog post, please include a link back to my blog or grab the Friday Foto Fun Button and put it on your sidebar. This way others who visit your blog can also join in on the fun!