Last Month of 2017! (Friday Foto Fun #8)
Snowed in October, but high of 50 on Sunday?! I'll take it! This was my first full week at home in awhile, and it was so productive! Plus I released my latest pattern this past Tuesday, and I got shout out from Kate Spain, how cool! I am so happy I got to meet her last QuiltCon even though I completely fan-girled. Anyway, on to the pretty photos for this week's Friday Foto Fun! First up, Month 5 blocks for the Long Time Gone BOM hosted by Serendipity Woods.
The pieces are all 1.5" squares so this block finished at 13.5" square. I really really REALLY wanted to use fusible grid, but I only have fusible in 2" squares, so I opted to use web piecing. You can check out my tutorial on web piecing here. This is when I had just the rows sewn together before ironing and it's all one piece!
Next up the Fox and Friends quilt that has 6 rows complete so I'm halfway done! I think my friend is due in March so I shouldn't have any trouble making their due date! YAY! I just found out that my cousins are also having a baby this summer, what is your favorite baby quilt pattern? It looks like I'll be needing more baby quilts!
Last but not least this week, I was able to get my hands on a scrap pack of Mama's Cottage by April Rosenthal. The scraps were assorted widths but were all approximately 13-14" long. I made this Treehouse Club quilt from scraps last year, and it's one of my most used quilts!
So I decided I'd make another one of these quilts from the Mama's Cottage fabric. The blocks come together so quickly. All I do is sew the strips together (sometimes not even very straight) and trim down to a 12.5" square. I have 11 blocks down in no time! Only 19 more to go to finish off this quilt!
I have a couple of really exciting announcements:
- I am going to be adding paper patterns to my Etsy shop this month! Woohoo!
- I Wish You a Merry QAL's last block is being released on Tuesday, and the final quilt will be revealed! I will be adding a stand-alone pattern on Craftsy shop for my Snowman block that will be in multiple sizes later this month. The original pattern will be free until January 16, 2018 on my blog.
- I will be doing a new QAL/Challenge with a few other bloggers in throughout 2018. Details to be provided later this month, so make sure you are following my blog.
I think that's all I can share right now. 😀
I'm on the road again this next week, but I'm hoping to get some hand applique quilting projects done!
Available time for quilting:
Projects I want to work on:
Fox and Friends
Goals for the Projects:
PBQ106: Start Sewing Top Together (seriously, I need to do this... it's been neglected!)
Fox and Friends: Make one row
Windswept: Finish the hand applique parts
Your turn! What did you accomplish this week? A block? A quilt top? Link up below!
A few reminders:
- When you link up a post, please try to support the others folks in the linky party! Let's spread the motivation and support to help everyone make progress in their own time.
- Your post does not need to be something quilty you accomplished, but definitely encouraged. Sometimes life just gets in the way, but feel free to share something you are proud of this week.
- In your blog post, please include a link back to my blog or grab the Friday Foto Fun Button (on my left sidebar) and put it on your sidebar. This way others who visit your blog can also join in on the fun!
Follow Blog via Email
You have already subscribed to this site. Please check your inbox.