Friday Finish, WIPs, and UFOs Roundup
I'm home!!!! Time to have a quilting party!!! Seriously so excited to be home and not traveling for work for the next two weeks. Maybe my quilting life can get back to normal. I decided to do a roundup this week to get my head wrapped around everything that is on my WIP (works in progress) or UFO (unfinished object) lists. But let's start with the good news this week and my latest finish:
This is my Modern Heritage quilt that I made with a wonderful group of ladies in the Serendipity Woods BOM. It's been my favorite BOM thus far because of the little community of quilters we've created! Pam even included this special label to be added to the quilt. I can't wait to get it sewn on the back of the quilt!
And now to the WIPs/UFOS…
Where to start with my pile of projects…
Quilts that need binding:
- Frivols 2
Quilt tops completed, but still need to get quilted:
- Satsuki, Frivols 9, Thunderstruck, Tabby Road
Quilt tops in progress:
- PBQ105, PBQ106, I Wish You A Merry QAL, Long Time Gone BOM, American's Garden Quilt, Technicolor Galaxy BOM, Mod Dots, Windswept, To the Nines*, Good Day*
*in danger of being abandoned
- Facets, Garden Pond, North to Alaska, 2012 Craftsy BOM, other miscellaneous quilt tops
Projects I have kits for but haven't started:
- Elephant Abstractions, Mod Owls, Frivols 4, Frivols 6, Frivols 8, Frivols 10, Rising Star, Night Sky, Eclipse, Gravity, Starlight, 2012 Designer Mystery BOM, Satsuki (in the Cherry colorway), Daisies, Super Zip, Cozy Christmas Table Runner, and I think I'm missing some.
Well this is overwhelming list. I'm actually a bit shocked that for the most part I don’t have a ton of quilts in each stage. Regardless, I can't be the only one in this state. If you are one of the few who make a quilt from start to finish and don't have a ton of other projects going at the same time, I applaud you and am super jealous.
So here's what I'm thinking, with 3 months left in the calendar year, let's make a plan on what I can realistically finish by the end of the year.
- PBQ105 is slated to be released at the end of November. That means PBQ106 should be close to completion and PBQ107 should be in the works.
- I Wish You A Merry QAL ends in December. Hopefully I can get my quilt finished before the holidays to share with everyone.
- Long Time Gone BOM goal would be to just keep up with the BOM. I still need to make this month's blocks...it's month 3, and I'm already in danger of getting behind!
- Of the rest of the quilt tops in progress, I think "progress" is all I can hope for. I have a feeling I will end up starting more projects by the end of the year.
There are a lot of blogs out there for Friday Finishes, Wednesday WIPS, and monthly goals etc… is there anything missing? I don't really want to just add more noise out there. Would you be interested in a Friday Progress linky party hosted by me, where you could link up project progress? Thoughts?
I'd love for people to keep me accountable and help out others too. My list is so long of all these beauties I want to make!
9/28-10/6 Weekly Goal:
Available time for quilting:
Saturday, Sunday, Monday PM, Tuesday PM, Wednesday PM (I love being home!)
Projects I want to work on:
Long Time Gone BOM
Goals for the Projects:
PBQ105: Finish at least 5 more blocks, the more the better!
PBQ106: Use as Ender/Leaders
Long Time Gone BOM: Finish Month 3 Blocks
One more announcement - #103 Circular Illusion is on sale through the end of the month! Catch it while you can for the introductory price!