How Do You Display Wall Hanging Quilts?!
I got some Quilter's Perfect Stick Klips from a Sew Sampler box a few months ago, and I finally decided to try them out. As it turned out, I loved being able to clip wall hanging quilts and change them up. The Quilter's Perfect Stick Klips are a large klip with a sticky strip. They are pretty heavy duty, and the Sew Sampler said they can hold 5-6 pounds! However, I have some small mini-quilts that wouldn't need such heavy duty clips so I set out to make some of my own.
Using the standard sized Clover Wonder Clips and Small 3M poster strips, I made my own smaller version! Here are some photos of my wall hanging collection!
What do you need to make your own small wall hanging clips?
- Clover Wonder Clips - I used 2 for each quilt. The larger or heavier the quilt is, the more you should use.
- 3M Poster Strips - These are going to be wider than the standard Clover Wonder Clip. Use a scissors to trim the excess that goes beyond the Wonder Clip.
Notice the size difference between the Klip (clear) and the Wonder Clips (red). I would still recommend purchasing the Quilter's Perfect Stick Klips for the larger quilts, but for small quilts, the Wonder Clips do the job great!
Installation instructions regardless of the type you use: Always put the clip onto the poster strip, then the clip to the wall. Press firming when applying the clip to the strip and the clip to the wall.
Enjoy your hole-free, damage-free way of displaying your quilts!
Shop my Amazon Affiliate links:
- Clover Wonder Clips, Red, 50-Pack
- Evergreen Art Supply Craft Clips - Original (50 Pack) (these work just as well for half the cost)
- Command Poster Hanging Strips Value-Pack, Small, White
- Quilter's Perfect Stick Klip