It’s Stitchin’ Time (Friday Foto Fun #15)
Happy Friday! Happy Embroidery! I joined the Cozy Blue Stitch club after trying one of their embroidery kits in December! I was able to do some stitching this week when I was recovering from being sick. It was actually a lot of stitching.
I finished off this month's stitch club and I LOVE this design! "Show Up, Be True, Be Kind, Keep Going" I think this stitch club has gotten me in the mood to learn more embroidery stitches, and it’s a great portable project for all my trips for work.
I am also in 2 different Bee Hives this year. A hive consists of 12 different quilters that all take turns being Queen. The month you are Queen, you pick out a block and everyone in the hive sends you that block. It's pretty neat because I am Queen in April for both of my hives! My plan is to have the same block made for me in both hives so I can make a much bigger quilt with fewer blocks I will personally have to make! Here are the blocks I made for the January Queens of the 2 hives I belong to.
Both of those were try #2s of making the block. Things I have learned are:
- Colors and undertones are hard to see with the light I have in the sewing room. I need to get some daylight bulbs.
- I have a hard time cutting on a diagonal, and I'm much better at sewing on a diagonal then trimming.
What are some of your favorite blocks for bee hives to make? I still haven't figured out which block I'm going to request!
I am going to be off on business trips for the next few weeks, so you'll hopefully see more embroidery projects that I'll be working on and all the quilty goodness I can shove into the weekends when I'm home.
My available time for quilting this upcoming week:
Saturday, Sunday (I'm crying on the inside)
Projects I want to work on:
Goals for the Projects:
Secret Sewing: SHHHHH!!! It's a secret. But it involves free patterns for my blog followers! Stay tuned!
Hope you have a productive week!
Your turn! What did you accomplish this week? A block? A quilt top? Link up below!
A few reminders:
- When you link up a post, please try to support the others folks in the linky party! Let's spread the motivation and support to help everyone make progress in their own time.
- Your post does not need to be something quilty you accomplished, but definitely encouraged. Sometimes life just gets in the way, but feel free to share something you are proud of this week.
- In your blog post, please include a link back to my blog or grab the Friday Foto Fun Button and put it on your sidebar. This way others who visit your blog can also join in on the fun!