2018 Planning Party
Yvonne at Quilting Jet Girl is hosting this year's planning party! I figured this would be a great way for me to detail out my goals for the upcoming year.
Looking back through my blog posts for my 2017 goals, the only tangible goal I documented was releasing 4 patterns this year. I'm happy to say that I achieved that goal, and I would like to be a lot more detailed in my goals for 2018. I will be doing a final count of what I was able to finish in 2017 as I get so much sewing done between now and the end of the year. It's what happens when I am finally on vacation from work!
Powered By Quilting Goals:
- Release at least 4 full patterns this year, so approximately once a quarter.
- This is in addition to the 2018 Monthly Color Challenge blocks and any other QAL blocks I am designing.
- Blog 3 times a week
- Tuesday/Friday/Sunday every week!
- Updated: Complete every exercise in the 365 Days of Art Book. I even created a challenge to complete this!
- #365DaysOfArtPBQChallenge starts in January!
- Thanks to Wendy for reminding me to list this as a goal!
- Submit a design to magazines/publication once a month.
- I need to embrace the rejections and get used to putting myself out there. You'll never get published unless you submit!
- Submit 3 quilts to QuiltCon 2019.
- Submit a quilt to the Minnesota State Fair.
Personal Sewing Goals:
- Make an Ombre Gems quilt with Confetti fabric.
- Make a Sew Together Bag (finally!).
- Really make more bags in general.
- Sewing more fabric than I buy.
- Honestly, this is probably not going to happen, but I at least want to make a conscious effort to stop hoarding!
- Intentional Free Motion Quilting practice on a regular basis.
- Learn new techniques and add play into my sewing/quilting.
Personal Fitness Goals:
- Run/Walk 6+ miles a week. (2x a week for 3miles)
- Lift 2x a week.
- Yoga once a week.
- Be kind to myself.
- Understand that I am doing the best I can right now.
- Don't get caught up comparing myself to others.
My accountability partner? YOU, my readers! You probably didn't realize you play an important role in keeping me on track! So I'd really like to thank everyone who reads my blog and cheers me on. I really try to be responsible and complete what I say I will do each week, so you'll see my plan each Friday for the upcoming week at the end of the Friday Foto Fun posts.
Linking up with the 2018 Planning Party.
I hope everyone has a great rest of 2017!
Join me again on Friday for Friday Foto Fun! Link up and share your progress on your own projects!